Having a website to promote affiliate products is a good idea but without a list of people with whom you can keep in contact to promote your product, you may become disheartened. So it follows that you should keep a list of clients who are interested in your products, and update them regularly about new products you have to offer them, now and in the future.
The best way to keep in touch with the clients on your list is to publish newsletters, weekly or monthly, or even via a daily release as well. These days because of privacy issues people are very sensitive about disclosing their personal details and their e-mail address. It is vital though to have e-mail addresses in order to build your list. Let us have a look then at to how we can get people to sign-up to our newsletters-
1. Make your visitors aware of the benefits that they are going to receive from subscribing to your periodic newsletter. It is obvious that people who are really interested will visit your website, and additionally if you can help them to understand that your newsletter is really going to assist them in some way or other they would most likely sign up.
Make your audience understand that they are really going to miss out on something important if they don’t subscribe to your newsletter
2. Keep the process of subscription short. Don’t ask for too many questions as some people can become irritated about this. The name and the e-mail address would serve the purpose. Keep the layout of your website uncluttered and professional
3. Offer special future discounts to your subscribers. This would make them more amenable to subscribing to your e-mails.
4. People are naturally apprehensive on the issue of spam, so make your audience understand that you will definitely not spam them. Make a statement on your website respecting their privacy, and confirming that you would never under any circumstances sell their personal details or e-mail addresses to a third party. Disclose that there would be an option to unsubscribe to your newsletters at any point in the future.
5. Once people sign-up to your newsletter, make sure that you provide them with good content, and deliver what you have promised, otherwise your subscribers would un-subscribe in matter of few days. If your newsletter is really good, this would encourage them to promote it to others with the same interest. So your e-mails will spread exponentially.
Modern business is so complex that it very hard to generate leads and make a sale. Getting personal information from prospective customers is even tougher. Make sure that you keep apprised of every small detail like maintaining and respecting the customer’s privacy, and by providing timely and good content to keep your business growing.
List building takes lot of hard-work and time, and once you have a huge subscriber base, then you are pretty much on top of the affiliate business.